Equity: Fair and just treatment of all potential and existing members of the university community through the creation of opportunities to address historic and current disadvantage for underrepresented populations. These opportunities will lead to equitable outcomes in the context of learning, teaching, research, service and employment, including closing representation and participation gaps within our university community. Equity requires an intentional commitment to strategic priorities, resources, respect and civility, and ongoing action and assessment of progress towards achieving specified goals.
- Race in Educational Access and Attainment Still Matters!
- Charleston Church Massacre: It’s Not Enough To Just Show Sympathy, Black Lives Matter
- Déjà Vu at the 50th Anniversary March on Washington
- NYPD Stop and Frisk Policy Violates Constitutional Rights of Blacks and Hispanics
- SCOTUS DOMA Decision Connected to Toronto PRIDE
What is Equity?