In this video post, I share a message to University and College Presidents about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and what it means to truly lead an inclusion organization. Here's a summary of my advice:
- Incorporate EDI into your messaging
- Walk the talk by surrounding yourself with people who reflect the diversity of your students, institution and community
- Incorporate EDI into the priorities of your strategic plan
- Allocate the appropriate resources to get the work done
- Hold your executive officers accountable for EDI
In the meantime, I want to hear from you:
Do you have any advice for ways that University and College Presidents can promote a more inclusive organization?
I look forward to your responses below*, and I'd love your input.
*Note: You will need to register for an Institutional Diversity Blog account in order to comment, but you can get started right away by clicking here, or visiting our FAQ page for more help. Also, check out this video on "Registering for an Account on The Institutional Diversity Blog".