In this video post, I provide 5 Tips for Inaugural Chief Diversity Officers (CDOs) in Universities. I've also include this PowerPoint presentation that highlights the points made in the video, and here's a summary of my tips:
- Increase your visibility in the university community
- Understand the dynamics of power on your campus
- Secure the appropriate resources
- Understand your EDI footprint
- Bring together allies to support the work of EDI
In the meantime, I want to hear from you:
Do you have any tips for first-time CDOs to college campuses?
I look forward to your responses below*, and I'd love your input.
*Note: You will need to register for an Institutional Diversity Blog account in order to comment, but you can get started right away by clicking here, or visiting our FAQ page for more help. Also, check out this video on "Registering for an Account on The Institutional Diversity Blog".